The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that works to ensure that sex workers rights are defended and that people selling sex have access to health and other services. We view sex work as work and all our direct services are focused on engaging, empowering and linking sex workers to services that will meet their needs.
SWEAT is seeking to appoint a PROGRAMME MANAGER
Location: East London
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the successful management and implementation of the Global Fund Sex Work Programme in the Buffalo City Metro. This position includes the management of all aspects of the programme, managing staff, project implementation, project relationships, programme reporting and managing budgets.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in social sciences, public health, social work or any other relevant field of study and/or experience.
Required Experience: Minimum 3 years’ programme coordination or management experience.
- Fluent Xhosa and English (Essential)
- Experience working with sex workers
- Experience with community mobilisation and peer education
- Experience in HIV/AIDS prevention and care and support programming
- Computer literate in MW Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Report-writing skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Good communication skills
- Financial management skills
- Human resources – performance management and monitoring skills
- High-level planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
Applicants must send a covering letter, explaining their relevant experience, as well as their CV to Jayne Arnott: email@example.com by the 24th May 2019.
The post is based in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Only those with the legal right to work in South Africa can apply. SWEAT reserves the right to make appointments which are transformation focused.