The Programmes Support Officer will be responsible for administrative and operational support to the Programme Managers and the Director, ensuring the smooth running of programme implementation. The post is based in Cape Town – 3 days a week (50%).
To support the administrative functions and smooth running of Programmes by providing administrative support to Programme Managers and the Director. Supervised by the Director.
Key Performance Areas:
- Programme Administration and Support
- Record Keeping & Documentation
- Time management
- Operations support for programme managers and Director
The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) coordinates sex work programming in a number of sites across the country. We have two main Programmes, which are: 1. Sex Worker Empowerment and Enabling Environment Programme (SWEEEP) and 2. Advocacy and Law Reform Programme (ALRP) which includes a Law Centre in Cape Town. In addition, Sisonke, the sex worker movement, is supported by SWEAT and engaged in a Movement Building Programme.
- Assist Programme Managers with administrative and logistical tasks, including filing, documentation, scheduling tasks, meetings and adhering to deadlines, travel logistics for Programme Managers and logistics for programmes;
- Update the Annual Operational Plan;
- Update and monitor Base Camp (our collaborative planning space);
- Take minutes of management Team Meetings and keep records of tasks;
- Manage SWEAT forms (a secure folder with all final SWEAT finance and HR forms); and
- Prepare Board Files, take care of Board Logistics and take minutes at Board Meetings.
- Assist to collate quarterly reports for the Board.
- Assist in the development of programme reports and donor reports.
- Research & Task Support:
3.1 Provide support for the development of funding proposals, conducting desktop research, collating information and managing deadlines to submission.
- Finance and Operations Support
4.1 Support the Finance and Operations Manager in the development of budgets by seeking quotes and costing for those budgets;
4.2 Update SWEAT’s annual costing brief (a list of commonly used services and their cost) to be used for cost estimates and budgeting, as well as in ensuring we review preferred service providers; and
4.3 Update calendar of deadlines for finance and narrative reporting (accessible on Base Camp) and supporting Programme Managers and the Director to meet these deadlines.
5. Professional and Personal Development and Organisational Ethos
5.1 To uphold and exemplify, in interactions, SWEAT’s vision, mission, values and objectives;
5.2 To uphold and implement SWEAT’s policies and procedures; and
5.3 To actively participate in identifying own development/training needs.
6.1 Provide support to Operations should the Operations Officer be ill or on leave.
- Relevant diploma in project management would be an advantage.
- Experience in office administration or as an assistant to a senior manager.
- Experience in working in the non-profit sector.
- Extremely organised and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Team player, ability to work effectively with diverse role-players.
- Driver’s license.
- Excellent computer skills in both Word and Excel as well as collaborative tools like Base Camp.
- Knowledge of human resource systems, contract management, finance processes and a willingness to upskill in the human resource field.
To apply please send your CV and a letter of motivation to Mr Moegamat Miller with email address Moegamat@sweat.org.za by the close of business on the 2nd February 2018. You can find more information about SWEAT at www.sweat.org.za Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.